Run your Business on Green Energy By Installing Commercial Solar Panels
Regardless whether your company is big or small, sells sweets or car parts, installing commercial solar panels can lead to huge rewards. As most businesses operate during 9-5 daylight hours, installing Solar Panels is the perfect energy solution. As your Solar PV panels produce green energy, your business will use this electricity to run your company off sunshine.
The lifetime cost per kWh of solar electricity is now 5.5p per kWh. This is more than half of the price we currently purchase electricity from the Grid. This means that by installing commercial solar panels your company can save up to 50% on their electricity bill. All whilst reducing your carbon footprint.
The Benefits Of Commercial Solar
Solar Panels For Business
As UK’s leading commercial solar panel installers, our team can provide your with unmatched expertise in reducing your businesses’ carbon footprint. Whether you’re looking to cut your companies’ costs, reduce your carbon footprint or apply a sustainable business strategy, the installation of commercial solar panels can offer your business a range of green benefits.
If you are ready to make the switch to commercial solar panels for your business, Deege Solar can help provide the ultimate energy solution. Just simply click enquire.
4kW Solar PV System
8.8kW Solar PV System
10kW Solar PV System
49.5kW Solar PV System
ALL PRICES EXCLUDE VAT AND ARE SUBJECT TO PLANNING AND SURVEY.
Additional charges may apply for Grid Connections.
Our Latest Commercial Solar Projects
To keep up to date with all our Solar Panel Installations and more, make sure to give us a like on Facebook.
Electric Car Charging Points For Business
Make your business EV-ready and attract more customers and happy employees. By installing an EV charger, your business becomes a destination electric vehicle owners have no choice but to explore.
As OZEV approved installers, you can save £350 off an EV Charger through the Government’s Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS). Your business can apply for up to 40 sockets, meaning if you qualify, you could save up to £14,000!
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Solar
Business premises and community buildings are usually exempt from requiring planning permission. Even ground-mounted systems can be installed under ‘permitted development’. However, there are a few rules that must be followed in order to be exempt. These include:
- Commercial solar panels need to be installed in a manner that minimises the impact of the overall building and general area’s appearance.
- Flat roof solar installations must be less than 1m above the highest part of the roof. Excluding chimneys.
- Roof-mounted installations are not permitted to protrude by more than 200mm from the roof’s surface.
- Roof mounted solar panels must be installed further than 1m away from the edge of the roof or wall joint.
- In designated areas such as Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, no solar panels are permitted to be installed on a wall or roof slope which faces a road.
- A ground mounted solar installation, must not be larger than 9m2.
You will need to gain planning permission if your solar panels are going to be installed on a building or property site that is of historical interest. This includes listed buildings, ancient monuments or world heritage sites. Prior approval is also required for the local planning authorities for any solar PV system greater than 50kW. Of course, Deege Solar are always here to give advice about any planning requirements for any type of solar panel installation. With over 13 years of experience in the industry, we are well equipped with solar wisdom.
Most businesses are active during the daytime, which means they are likely to consume all the energy their solar panels generate. However, this isn’t always the case. If your roof top is large enough to generate more electricity than your company is consuming, and your work operates outside the usual 9-5, a solar battery is viable. It all depends on your energy requirements.
This is why it is so important to book a free consultation and survey with Deege Solar, in order to have a tailored system designed for you. Call today on 01322 479369 to book yours!
With a renewed focus on the UK’s commitment to reaching net zero, there are always new schemes and grants arising to encourage the use of low-carbon technologies such as Solar PV. Current grants and incentives for the installation of commercial solar panels include:
- Low Carbon Workspaces – The Low Carbon Workspaces grant aids businesses lower their carbon emissions and energy bills, by offering grants of up to £5,000 to invest in carbon-saving upgrades. This could be for the installation of solar panels, battery storage, insulation, electric vehicles or even LED lighting. Grants are available for Small to Medium Enterprises based in Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire.
- Power Purchase Agreement –A Solar PPA or Power Purchase Agreement allows an investor to pay and maintain the Solar PV at the commercial site. This would mean there is no upfront cost for the business using the site, yet they will be able to buy the Solar electricity from the investor at a cheaper rate than the National Grid.
- Super Deduction – The super-deduction offers businesses 130 per cent first-year relief on qualifying main rate plant and machinery investments from April 1 2021 until March 31 2023. As commercial solar panels is an investment towards your running costs, it sure counts as long as it is claimed through your business.
If you are interested in finding out more, make sure to give the Green team at Deege Solar a call on 01322 479369.
The overall price of a commercial installation will depend on the size of the project, your energy usage, and if you require any extras, such as solar batteries or a fleet of EV Chargers. As you can see from our packages above, solar panels for businesses start from as little as £7995. This cost will cover:
- Supply and Installation of the Solar PV Panels By yours truly Deege Solar.
- An Inverter, Isolators and Cabling
- Testing and Certification, including MCS, EPVS and HIES.
Grants, government schemes and our 100% Solar Panel Finance options, make commercial solar viable for all businesses wanting to be green.
If your site has a decent sized roof or plot of land, and your business have the long-term intention on staying in the premises for more than 10 years, solar is the perfect solution. Ideally, the business should own the freehold of the premises, or have a long-term lease over the property.