What are Integrated Solar Panels
Integrated Solar Panels or In-roof Solar Panels are designed to sit flush with your roof. Unlike on-roof Solar Panels, which are installed on top of your roof tiles, integrated Solar Panels remove the roof tiles. This way the Solar panels can be embedded. Integrated Solar Panels are designed to behave as a roof tile would, they are 100% waterproof, yet also able to generate solar energy for your home!
How do integrated Solar Panels Work
What are the benefits of In-Roof Solar Panels
Due to their lightweight and streamlined nature, integrated Solar Panels are more likely to gain planning permission approval, especially for listed buildings. This is because in-roof solar panels can provide a cleaner finish and also not add any extra weight onto structures that may have a limit.
What are the cons of In-Roof Solar Panels
Types Of Integrated Solar Panels
There are a variety of integrated Solar Panels to choose from. In-roof frames such as a GSE system or EasyRoof Evolution are the least expensive option. This is because any industry-standard Solar Panel can be mounted to them.
Alternatively, there are bespoke in-roof systems which come at a price. For example: Viridian, SolFit and GB-Sol. These integrated systems use Solar Panels which are made specifically for in-roof systems.
Of course, our team only installs the best in-roof Solar PV systems. Here at Deege Solar we install GSE Integration systems.There are several benefits to GSE In-roof solar panels including:
- Firstly, GSE in-roof systems are lightweight, watertight and affordable.
- GSE in-roof systems are one of the most commonly used in-roof systems, able to fit around 90% of the Solar PV Panels in the UK.
- They are designed to be installed in either portrait or landscape and can easily fit all roof types with pitches between 12°– 50° and also with wood or metal structures.
- As GSE systems are certified to MCS012, your Solar Panel system will still qualify for export payments.
- GSE Systems are extremely well manufactured. Formed out of 100% recyclable polypropylene, they are flexible, resilient to shock and temperature variations.
- What’s more, GSE In-roof systems offer a 10 years guarantee.