What are Tesla Solar Roof Tiles
The Tesla Solar Roof is a seamless way of integrating Solar PV technology into homes across the globe. Available in 4 different styles (Textured, Smooth, Tuscan or Slate), Tesla have cleverly manufactured a Solar Panel, that looks exactly like an ordinary roof tile. Each roof tile includes a highly-efficient solar cell, which has been developed in partnership with Panasonic, to work just the same way as a Solar Panel does.
In the long run, Tesla declares that their solar roof will work out cheaper than a regular roof. Due to its ability to generate electricity from a free energy source (the sun). This makes the Tesla solar roof tile perfect for homeowners who want to power their home using solar energy in style.
- Textured effect glass tile.
- Dimensions per Solar Tile: 15 inches (H) by 45 inches (L).
- Suitable for Roof’s of a pitch between 9.5-59°
- Leading fire, wind and hail ratings.
- Able to withstand winds up to 166 miles per hour.
- App Monitoring and Powerwall Solar Battery Pairing.
- Tile warranty: 25 years (covers the tile glass).
- Power warranty: 25 years (covers the output).
- Weatherization warranty: 25 years (covers water leaks).
The Advantages Of Tesla Solar Roof
The Disadvantages Of Tesla Solar Roof
Alternatives to A Tesla Solar Roof
For now the Tesla Solar roof appears to be on hold. However, this doesn’t mean you still can’t generate your own solar energy in style. Integrated Solar Panels are a great alternative to solar roof tiles, with far less drawbacks. To find out if integrated Solar Panels are the right solar solution for your home, click here. Alternatively, get in touch on 01322 479369 or simply click enquire now to fill out our short form, to get connected to a Solar Energy advisor.
If it’s updates on the Tesla Solar Roof you are after, make sure to follow us on our social media channels. We are on the case, and will be the first to let you know when the solar tiles are finally available in the UK.